Saturday, October 17, 2009

Halloween Photo wall Hanging


I saw this in a book years ago and thought it was a cleaver idea. You start with a 12 x 12 chipboard base, then make strips of paper 3 x 12 inches long (12 of them) then score the paper the long ways at 1 inch, and fold to make a little pocket. Glue the one inch side to the base and you end up with pockets all the way up. Run ribbons around the edge and attach to a ring, then attach that to a hanging ribbon. You can stuff your pockets with notes or photos or whatever! I stuffed mine with photos I had attached to little index style cards - one for each year my guys have been dressing up. I have a cartridge that has some of these, but I cheated and did an svg (which is below). The little guys and ghost are from Paper Dolls and the letters I did with SCAL. Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

DeeDee said...

Very cute! :)

Unknown said...

I just found your blog, and love it! I was browsing and came across this post, and do you still have the .cut file?

http://www.paperscissorsinc.com/2008/12/thinking-snow-cricut-ds-swirl-tree.html

Thanks!

Lisa Wicklund said...

Love it!! Thanks for sharing!!

Lena said...

Wow, I love this idea. I was thinking about how i'd display my cards that I receive every month and this would work out perfectly! Off to create a wall hanging for each month of the year. Thanks for sharing!

Sharon Gifford said...

I love everything I have seen in your blog! Just wish there was a way to go back in time and get the cut files! ;)