Friday, October 30, 2009

Flip top treat box for Cricut DS


My boys went on their first field trip yesterday to the local pumpkin patch/farm. It was a cold and rainy day, lots of mud expected - the kids loved the idea but I'm guessing the teachers probably were less excited. So I made each teacher a little treat to keep them warm. This was cut with Plantin schoolbook and ds (so if you have the trial version you can still cut it). There are three boxes on the file, the first one is tall for those tall cocoa packets or candy canes, or just bigger items. The second one I made big enough for hand warmers- because that's what I was sending. The third one is shorter size, good for cocoa and some marshmallows. Snowflakes from the last page are from Winterwoodland, if you don't have that cart, you can just delete and leave blank or add or your own border from a cart you have. The lip on the top is long, you can trim it if your tucking it in, but I left it long because if you want to use a border punch on it and Velcro, you can have it close on top. The pumpkins I cut from the Pooh cartridge at 3 inches. Mine were big enough for a set of hand warmers, a pack of cider, and a couple fun size candy bars. Thanks for looking, file for the boxes is below.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Box, Purses, etc. post on Oct. 30, 2009. Thanks again.

Susan Edwards said...

Super cute treat boxes!!!! You always inspire me which is why there is something for you at my blog.

xx Susan

Lena said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

mimiof2 said...

These boxes are adorable. And how very thoughtful for the teachers. I am sure they were really appreciated.
Thanks, Karen