Friday, November 6, 2009

Frosty Kisses Wall Canvas






This is a project I finished up yesterday. I wanted to try and make a project using only one cartridge (winter woodland) as a personal challenge. I started with an 11 x 14 blank canvas and painted it most of the way down with Making Memories Sky paint. Then I used Winter Woodland to cut the following:

snowman (10 inches)
Verse (5 inches)
trees (1.5 inches)
number 5 (2.5 inches)
Cents sign (1.75 inches)
and Snowflakes (1.25, 1.5, 1.75)

I used fun flock on the scarf and hat pieces. I used SU Dazzling Diamonds on the top edges of the snow, edges of the trees and completely covering the snowflakes. For the verse, I ran it through the xyron and then covered it in Diamond dust (I LOVE this stuff). The snow I just cut freehand and I also put a bit of blue chalking on the mounds before adding the dazzling diamonds. This snowman is supposed to have closed eyes, but I didn't like it that way, so I used one of the eyes for a mouth, then just used scrap dots for the eyes. Thanks for looking!













Oh and check this out....we had a bit of wind last night. We heard a crash during dinner and went out to find our large BBQ down, glass panel/deck rail shattered. And yet the plastic basket full of empty water guns remained unmoved. Ugh, what a mess!

No comments: