Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Something for the Hostess - Cook-marks


Need a little something for the wonderful person who's going to cook you a turkey this week? How about some cookbook bookmarks? I made several sets, they are good little gifts to keep on hand, plus I wanted some for myself! I printed out the verses and each one is 2 7/8 inches by 8 inches (then folded to 4 inches). I did them on a PDF if anyone else wants to make some and save a bit of time. I used From My Kitchen elements cut at 1.5 inches, but of course you could just stamp on them too. For the inside I used 1 x 2 inch thin magnet strips to keep it closed on the page. The magnets you can buy in rolls or sheets anywhere- or you can hoard the little advertising magnets that people give you for your fridge and recycle them (I'm sure its not what they had in mind when they paid to advertise, but some sacrifices must be made in the name of crafts).

5 comments:

Annette said...

Just in time! Thank you for being so generous with your talents.

Min said...

What a fabulous idea!! Thanks so much for sharing!
Hugs & Happy Days!
Min

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Food/Kitchen Related, Recipe Card(s) Theme post on Nov. 24, 2009. Thanks again.

--sme said...

Excellent idea!!!

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

Love your paper and reindeer, did you make a page with it??