Saturday, April 10, 2010

Canvas Wall Hanging

I made this today for a creative team contest entry.  My chances of getting on are slim to none,  but it was a great excuse to work on this project, which I've been wanting to do for some time now.  The little 4x4 canvases are painted black-ish with acrylic, then I added photos I had colored in PSE8 (sepia-ish).  I put them on top of some decorative fish netting, and attached to 12x24 canvas (painted in cream).  The words are all cut with SCAL/black vinyl and were a PAIN to put on the canvas.  The little charms were from the jewelry section of Micheals - I was going to use real starfish, but then when push came to shove, I just couldn't stomach buying something dead for my wall.....I'm such a wimp.  Wish me luck!  Thanks for looking :)

5 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

this is awesome!! great job... i think you have a good shot @ getting into the contest.

paperscissors said...

omminga!!! (that is the word verification i have to type but it sound so good i thought it would be appropriate to describe my reaction to your wall hanging! i do challenges not to win but to give me structure and dealines for my creations sometimes...but you! this is a winner in my opinion! congrats!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! This is wonderful! Loving it! If you don't get on the design team it will be their loss. HeyJude!

Nina @ Momma Go Round said...

I think it's fabulous! I love the textures and dimension that you gave to it...I need to do the same with my pictures (they are really blah). Thanks for the inspiration!

7524kes said...

Wow. Absolutely terrific!