Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Simple Notecard With DS and SCAL




We've been off in Oregon visiting family. I took a stack of catalogs to look at along the (long) drive. One of the catalogs I had was the spring Close to My Heart catalog. So many pretty things to look at, but what caught my eye was a little pre-cut card kit. It was such a nice shape, simple, pretty, and very cricut-able. Here are my versions. The one in the catalog was the same basic shape as the one on the left (cream with pink/brown flowers - SU Inspired by Nature stamps). To make it I used DS, put a card size on the mat using Plantin, then cut the edge with a shape from storybook. The other two I did with Plantin only. I used the rectangle, but then used the brackets and the hide contour feature to hide one side of the brackets. I did make one in SCAL too (just of the one one the left 'cus I like the point up best), so I could adjust the size, but then I can hardly ever get to the computer that has SCAL on it, I don't know how useful it will be to have. Files are attached if you need them. Double sided paper works great for these.


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!! Love your work.

Melinda Ford said...

such a beautiful design!! Thanks again for a great cut file!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Box, Purses, etc. post on May. 19, 2009. Thanks again.

Snatertje said...

Thanks for sharing these great notecards.
oo I cardlifted your BBQ card, need to upload it to my blog. thanks again for sharing your great designs.

Hug Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing.

SallyW

Saskia said...

Thank you so much for sharing!

Saskia
Netherlands

Tanya said...

They are beautiful. The one on the left has my favorite flowers!! Thank you for sharing.

Nicky said...

These are great. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

The cards are so cute, thanks for sharing your talent.

Laura said...

So cute! TFS!!

Marg said...

Such a great design. Thanks.

Jean Saporito said...

You do lovely work but everytime I try to save it I get a word file instead of a cut file. Can you help me please?

Marjorie said...

Love this file. Thank you so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Your cards are beautiful!!Thank you for all your haed work

Diane said...

What a neat design! Liked the examples you used to show it off. Thanks for sharing!!

--sme said...

So simple, yet so elegant! Thanks!

Donna said...

Hi There,
I love your note cards, but I'm unable to download the svg file. I would appreciate it you send it to me at bmoccus@bellsouth.net
Thanks for sharing