Monday, May 11, 2009

Hydrangea cards - Cricut DS and Home Accents




I love hydrangeas and I've been thinking that I need to buy the Martha punch, but I can never seem to get up there before my coupon expires. I thought I'd try to just make one with cricut and I found that one of the shapes on HA works nicely (with a slight alteration). There are two styles on the file, one for big hydrangea and one for small flowers to just layer over a flourish (second card). I started with purple/blue swirly paper to simplify the coloring process. I used a gold pen for accents and put some of the flowers on pop dots for dimension. For the leaves on the larger card I wanted a more embossed look rather than layered look, so I cut both layers from the same color cardstock. File attached, thanks for looking.

Hydrangea CUT

13 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

I love this!! I love hydrangeas also. Thanks so much for sharing!

You are so very talented!

Audrey

Rose said...

this is beautiful!! what a lot of work but well worth it :D

Birdnest Creations said...

Thank you. This is a great looking card. Thanks for sharing.

Marg said...

This is lovely. It must have taken a lot of time.

Saskia said...

Thank you so much for sharing!

Saskia
Netherlands

Ms T said...

Gorgeous!! Thank you for the cut file
Ms T

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! If you didn't mention it, I would have thought the leaves WERE embossed!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Garden Theme post on May. 18, 2009. Thanks again.

Melinda Ford said...

I love your cards! My mil loves hydrangeas! Looks like I'll be hunting for an alternative in SCAL! TFS

Cricut said...

this is really a great post! very artistic...we will come back often!

Thanks!

Diane said...

Love the flower! You sure have a flair! Thanks for the freebie!

--sme said...

STUNNING!!! Thanks for sharing!

eunice said...

Thank you so much for so generously sharing the cutfiles for these flowers. Your cards are beautiful! I used your wonderful flowers to embellish a pop up cake I made for my mom. You can take a peek at it here:
http://astarforchiemi.blogspot.com/2010/01/hugs-n-kisses-n-butterfly-wishes.html
Thank you so much!