Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fathers Day Recliner Card - Cricut DS and SCAL




My brothers favorite thing to do is to sit in his recliner for hours and watch cars zoom around an oval track on his big tv. For me this would be as exciting as watching paint dry. All his kids are grown and out of the house, so he probably (hopefully) will really get to spend his Fathers Day doing just what he loves. I made this card for him, I know he wont see it posted here because he never checks my blog. I guess my card making/scrapping is as exciting for him as Nascar is for me, lol. I used DS and George to do the original file and then converted to svg for you SCAL users. It didn't come out quite as I'd hoped, but hopefully you can still tell its a chair. I used a stylus to emboss the buttons on the back and the swirls on the chair and then printed right on the card with the computer (rest, relax, ENJOY!). Before I made this into a card I made just a chair (4 inch), I have that cut file too, good for journaling or on top of a card (instead of a shaped cards) or if you have only a baby bug - you can email me for that one if you need it. For all chairs, assemble in order: base, seat, arms, then foot rest on top. Files are attached below. Thanks for looking.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice design.
Looks like a good place to read a book to my grandkids :0)

Your brother will smile when he gets your card.

Appreciate you sharing the file.

PJ (Jessie Adams)

Jennifer said...

Lovely ideas for Fathers Day, keep up the good work. It really is great to see that so many people are thinking of ideas for Fathers Day already! we should all be thinking about we can do to treat our Dads. My Dad is very special to me so I am going to treat the whole family to a lovely meal out at Dads choice of restaurant – which I am sure he will enjoy! Sometimes I find that Fathers Day cards in the shops are so expensive, so I have found a free alternative. I came across a cool freeFathers Day eCard site which I quite like, there are lots of cards which I know my Dad will like. Whenever I go onto this site I always find new cards which I like, so it maybe worth giving it a try.

Debbie H said...

TFS, cute card!

Deb H
Alvaton, KY

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this great cutfile! This is perfect for my father in law! You did a great job! Thanks again, luvmy2girls

Vicki said...

Thanks so much for sharing such a neat card file.

Sharon said...

Very cute card, thanks for sharing.
Just thought that I would let you know that the DS version's link is not working, it comes up invalid file.

Linda said...

I love the recliner. Very clever
Thanks for sharing.
Linda

isatsau said...

Super creative!

Anonymous said...

What a great card for the man in my life!!Now all I need is a remote control, and a beer and it will fit any occasion.
TFS

Chris said...

This is so awesome. My father in law's card will be so easy to make now. Thank you so much for the cut file!

Treva said...

Great job, thanks for sharing.

Jen York said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! It's lovely and I'm going to use it. I so appreciate you sharing such a talent!!

P.S. I cannot tell you how I found your blog (you know how that goes...click link after link after link...) but I'm going to bookmark your site for more ideas!!

Paula said...

My dad's favorite place to be! With the remote in his hand. Thanks for the idea!

KathleenM said...

Thanks for the file. I'm not sure that my dad will know right away that it is a recliner, but I know that he will be in his when he is reading the card (smile). Just perfect for him! Thanks again.

KathleenM said...

Perfect card for my dad for father's day! Thank you for sharing!