Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lacy Labels Heart shaped box and cholate candy magnets



This weeks project on splitcoaststampers was a heart shaped box.  They used some spellbinders, which I don't have, but any heart shape from any cart will do.  I used the heart on Lacy Labels.  For the base I used the heart at 4 inch (shadow), for the lid I used the heart at 4, both shadow and reg for layering.    For the "box" I used the heart (reg) at 3 inch on the base, 3 inch (shadow) for the lid.  I wanted the flourish on top to sit inside a bit so I cut it at 3.25 inch and the rose is from my rolling rose post.  I skipped the hinged part of the splitcoast tutorial and did a modified version so that both top and bottom of mine have the heart box (if you do it that way, be sure to use the shadow on the upper part so it fits over the bottom part).  If  you need further explanation, let me know.   For the inside....this is my favorite part....I made little chocolates out of fimo clay. I pitted the bottom to hold a magnet (do that before you bake them..push the magnet into the clay, take out the magnet, bake, then glue the magnet in the hole) and then put them in some Wilton candy wrappers-so these are fridge magnets but they look good enough to eat!  Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

Crystal in Lynden said...

So pretty. You could totally have a business doing craft classes!

Tiggerscraps said...

What an adorable idea! Missed this on SC. New follower thanks to your nesties tutorial being on pinterest :) Loving your ideas!!