Sunday, September 7, 2008

Potato Bug


There are moments in you child's life when you just have to stop and write it down, yesterday was one of those moments. I'm hoping to make this a scrap page but until then, I want to write it down so I can remember it well, it was priceless. We had just got back from the boys first soccer game and Andy decided to stay outside and bury a few dinosaurs in the front yard (so he can discover them later). In the process, he found a potato bug. Very excited he brings it over to show Carsten, I walk over and find him poking at the bug (gently) with his finger and this is the conversation that follows:

Me : What are you doing to that poor bug


Andy: I want him to curl up like an amarilla (Armadillo)


Me: I think they only do that when they are scared


Carsten: Lets scare him


Me: No, go put him back


Andy: Hey Carsten, lets scare him with a dinosaur!


Carsten: Great Idea!


They run to dinosaurs, I run to camera


Carsten : ROAR!


It didn't work, and they lost interest and put the bug back, but it was hysterical for me to watch.

1 comment:

LiveLaughScrap said...

That is too funny.
I wonder how many names those bugs have. We call them doodlebugs. I've also heard them called Roly Polies. This is the 1st time I've ever heard them called Potato Bugs.
Lori
http://livelaughscrap-leedle.blogspot.com/