Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Treat box challenge - cricut basket box


There is a current challenge on the cricut boards to make treat boxes (thanks Gail!). There are lots of fun ideas coming up and I can't wait to see them done and to use the cut files! Mine is a tad boring, but I've been wanting to do this for a while as everyone loves to get a basket of goodies - anytime! This .cut uses George and Doodlecharms. I am not very good with adhesive - its on my desk, my wall, my floor - so I avoid it when I can. The basket already had a hole so I put holes in the tabs in the same place so they line up and you can use large brads or eyelets or tie a ribbon through - I used twine and then tied knots. It was a bugger to line those up but I think it will save me in the end (and I learned a valuable trick). I think this way too, it will stayed closed a lot better... ya don't want to spill your basket of goodies! Its pretty big, you could easily fit some cookies or cider packet/caramels or even some small flowers in the spring. File below.

5 comments:

Debbie H said...

I love this little box, it's adorable for fall!

Deb H

LiveLaughScrap said...

Love your box.
Where on the Cricut MB is the Basket Challege?
Thanks,
Lori
http://livelaughscrap-leedle.blogspot.com/

Muttshouse said...

I love your work. Really creative! Thanks for sharing!

Cindy Lou said...

Great autumn box - thank for sharing the .cut file!

Monica said...

Very cute! Thank you for sharing!