Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Remember Colorforms? How about vinyl on pumkins!



When I was little I had a Holly Hobby colorforms set that I LOVED to play with. I can still remember the smell of the vinyl when I would open the box (probably not good for you, but back then we didn't think about such things). For those of you who are too young to remember such things, colorforms were boxes of vinyl cutouts and the inside of the box would be a scene that you could arrange them in, kinda like modern (at the time) paper dolls. I don't think they still make them. I spent hours with mine. SOOOO...my boys are still sleeping, but when they wake up I have a surprise for them - my own version of colorforms! Last weekend we bought some of the fake pumpkins on sale at Micheals and I have cut a wall pop to make faces and Halloween shapes. I used one 12 x 12 black wall pop and the cut file includes 2 kinds of eyes, 2 noses, cat, fence, spider, web, eyebrows and 8 teeth. I did cut the tips of the moon mouth by hand to make it more rounded and I think I will cut the ball off the top of the question mark. I hope they like it! I am including the file for download.
Pumpkin vinyl .cut
I have the other pumpkin 2 posts down, on that one I used the cricut vinyl and storybook. I don't think the cricut vinyl works as well for pumpkins or for kids because it is stickier - not so good for sticking and pealing over and over or repositioning -great for walls though!

7 comments:

Sheila said...

Thanks for sharing...what a great idea!!! We always do our pumpkins just a day before...but what a way to display them before that "BIG GUSHY DAY". LOL

Linda said...

Great job! I posted a link to you on my blog, hope that's ok.
Linda
http://just-a-scrappin.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

What a cool idea! My kids would love to rearrange a pumkins face! BTW you've been tagged! Mwahahahah!

1derland said...

Great idea! Yes, I do remember colorforms! Holly HObbie and Smurfs!

Debbie H said...

Super idea, thanks so much for sharing! I always loved playing with my Colorforms, this will be fun!

Deb H

DragonSlayer - Sarah said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing!

MommyLester said...

Just thought I'd share with you, since you share such wonderful stuff with all of us, that while I was shopping for Christmas presents this year, I found this: http://www.liveandlearn.com/colorforms.html Just for a little nostalgia. ;)