Thursday, September 18, 2008

Cricut Candle wrap mesh


So here's another use for all those meshes we like to make in DS, candle wraps! I purchase this candle holder and decided a plain old candle wouldn't do, so I made a wrap with DS and Storybook. A standard pillar candle will need a 9 inch mesh (width can vary depending on the look you would like, I chose 2 1/2 inches). If you make the mesh just slightly over 9 inches (or your candle circumference) you can overlap the edges in the back, or if you can simply add a ribbon around the outside to hold it tight. Be sure to remove the paper wrap if you are going to burn the candle, or hollow the top and put in a battery flame/tealight. Cut file was very simple, I used a storybook element because the ribbon threaded nicely through it. I did it in the new format so it is all one unit and easy to resize for other candles. It is attached below if you would like it.

2 comments:

Marjorie said...

Thanks for sharing this file. I did download but I don't have Story book at present but looks like I will have to purchase that one as I see so many neat things made with that cart. Love the candle. Would make a wonderful gift since I'm beginning to think about the holidays coming up TOO quickly!

jcamp2020 said...

Beautiful..can't wait to try this out. Just got Storybook, so thanks for the idea.