Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas Cards

Everybody working on their Christmas cards? That's what I've been doing all week. I seem to have a hard time deciding on a color....then a hard time deciding on a layout. The best way to do things would be to pick one and make a whole bunch of that one design, but every year it seems like I make so many different samples, that by the time I find one I'd like to make in mass, I've got enough test cards to send out and be done. Good thing this year, because I've just about used up all my red, purple and white paper. I'm mostly using Snow Swirled Stamp set by Stampin' Up! , It is so elegant and I love that it has the verses included. Even for my cuttlebug cards, I'm using the Snow Swirled verses. So here are a few samples.



Splitcoast challenge cards(poinsettia is Cricut)



Moms Cuttlebug cards


I will finish these up hopefully today and then I have a little cricut cut to share for gift cards, check back later for that one :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card. Would you please tell me what paper you used for the MS punch on the cuttlebug card? I have trouble cutting SU Whisper White with the MS punches, but I sure do love them.
TIA
~Cheers
SharonK-MN

paperscissorsink said...

Actually I use Stampin Up Whisper White too, If I use a lighter paper, the card feels flimsy to me. I have not had a problem cutting with the punches, The MS punches are made by the same company that makes the SU punches (Paper Shapers), and I use SU punches on SU paper all the time too, maybe try sharpening your punch with some aluminum foil, then lubricate by punching waxed paper. Hope that helps!

Anne said...

Such beautiful cards! My absolute favorite is the snowflake.

Anonymous said...

Wow, these cards are so stunning. I love the blue and white christmas cards. thanks for sharing Mary in Hong Kong