Thursday, December 4, 2008

Library Card style tags/gift holder


I was shopping and saw a sizzix die for library card type holders, it was cute and I thought it would be perfect for some of the Starbucks cards I bought, not to mention journaling tags, gift tags, and all around cute tags! I didn't buy the die, I made a similar one instead for the cricut (I think there is one on Fab Finds cart, but I don't have that one, this is George). I have three sizes on the file, one is perfect for gift cards, one is general journaling size, and one is perfect for Christmas tags (about 1.25 inches wide). For my coffee card holder I used a background wheel from Stampin Up! (Illuminated) and sponged on close to cocoa ink. The Cup/steam is from Joys of the season, I have included it in the file just because I don't want to have to resize it each time I make this (and I know I will make several) but if your using it for something else or don't have that cart, you can easily remove it. FYI, Dazzling diamonds on the steam looks really cool in person (I also put it on the holly, and used stickles for the berries-sparkle, sparkle, sparkle!) You'll notice that I had to use a Barnes and Noble gift card for size. Well, this is because I bought some Starbucks cards at Costco (5 $20 cards for $80, yeah!), but hubby and I have managed to use 4 of them, oops. To ensure that I would have at least one left to give away, I put it somewhere safe....so safe I now have no idea where it is. Dang, I hate it when I do that! I guess I'll have to go to Costco and buy another pack so I can actually give some away- I'm sure the missing one will show up AFTER Christmas, oh well, it won't go to waste :)

If you are a SCAL user, I've made a similare one for you too, it is sized for gift card, but of course can be sized for whatever you like. It was made in PSE6 as I have completely given up any hope of learning to draw in inkscape.
PSI Library Cut file:

3 comments:

Debbie H said...

Thanks for sharing your files, your projects are cute!

Deb H

MaryNSC said...

Thank U so very very MUCH!!!
Merry Christmas

Valarie (vampme3) said...

Thanks for the file!!! Great job!!!