Friday, December 4, 2009

Hand Warmer Mittens matchbook for SCAL




Today's project is a little hand warmer gift. I was going to put the hand warms in a cellophane baggie then staple that in, but I can't find the little baggies anywhere (a common theme ever since I went from a craft room to a craft closet). So I stapled the hand warmers right in the, if you do that too, be sure to get only the edge of the packaging. If you get holes and then air in the actual pocket with the warmers, then they will activate and not work for the recipient. I used a ribbon to cover the staple and then the lip just slips under so they stay closed by themselves. I stamped the verse on after I put them together - hum, best to stamp before, lesson learned. The file is below if you'd like to make some, have a great day!
close up of assembly.

5 comments:

SunnyNP said...

LOVE it! Mind if I ask where you found the actual warming packets? Don't even know where to begin to look! What a great idea!

Tanya said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing the file!

Theresa said...

What a great idea! Thank you. Another thing that i can make and give away as little gifties. Thanx for sharing the scut!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the -8&&&&0&&&&Elements post on Dec. 05, 2009. Thanks again.

Kelley said...

I love this! Do you know how to convert scut files to gsd files to cut on the Wishblade?