Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Snow Globe easel Card and free svg



This is a card I made for my sister. The snow globe I used is from Joys of the Season cut at 5 1/4 inches. I scored the paper (4.25 by 11 to start) at 5.5 and 9 inches. Then I put the inside verse on pop dots to give it an edge, this allows for the top of the card to stand up. The basic instructions for an easel card can be found HERE . To make the bottom of your snow globe look like wood, you can drag the edge of a brown ink pad across white, cream or tan paper. For the fake snow I used Styrofoam fluff (see this video for that technique). If you use SCAL and would like to try, I made a snow globe in inkscape and it can be downloaded below. To make it the same proportions as I used for the card, click the "keep proportions" box and size the height to 5.25 inches. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Marg said...

What a great looking card! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Dec. 08, 2009. Thanks again.

Marilyn M said...

thanks for sharing...great card!