Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas glass block with vinyl




Today I made my first glass block! My friend asked me to pick some up for her while I was in Oregon last weekend. I had not intended to buy any for myself, but pretty samples in the store and a 50% off sale (only $5 each!), changed my mind. Tonight I have bunco and we have a $5 gift exchange so I thought I'd make one for the gift. I used white stazon ink to to "frost" the glass, then red vinyl for the images. The images are from Christmas Cheer. I used DS to weld some hooks to the ornaments and cut out a snowflake from the large one. The blocks came with a big opening on the top, and I filled it with a stand of 50 white lights. It was my first time using my bowdabra so my tails ended up a little short, but the bow came out nice - hopefully it doesn't smooshed in the gift bag. I can't wait to make one now for myself!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous! Where in Oregon did you get them? I'm just over the river in Vancouver, Wa.

Tonya said...

Very cute!

bowdabra said...

What a cute project and your bow is great!!!! How incredibly creative! I am the inventor of the bowdabra and I'm very impressed!!!!

Would love to see how you did the project and put it on our non profit website www.c4k555.org

cheers,
sandy

cricutlover20 said...

Gorgous!! I want one,lol. Thanks for sharing