Sunday, June 27, 2010

My new laundry room foot stool decorated with vinyl (Cindy Loo)

Look at this cute stool I found at a garage sale yesterday for $1!  OK, it wasn't so cute when I bought it, but I brought it home, sanded it, painted it black, distressed it a bit, put a clear coat on it, then decorated it with vinyl...now its cute!  I have a duet washer and dryer and they are on those pedestal drawers.  Being only 5'2'' (and that's a stretch) I can never reach the cupboards above them, so I've been looking for a footstool to keep in the laundry room.  I used Cindy Loo for the elements and the vinyl is Certainly celery (from Stampin Up) and Orchid from a bulk buy I did (both are oracal brand vinyl). 
My $1 stool before altering:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! That's really cute! And would have cost about $50 in any catalog! LOVE Garage-sale-shopping!

Amber said...

This is so cute! A really great GIFT idea too. I know a few kids that this would be wonderful for. Thanks for sharing! ;o)

Margot said...

It came out great! For those of us that are a little challenged when it comes to refinishing, can you walk us through your steps in creating your finished stool, including what products you used? TFS!!!

ScrappyJess said...

Beautiful! It's almost too pretty to step on!

JustYolie said...

OK...WOW! What a makeover! I need one to get on my bed. You did an awesome job! Happy 4th of July!!

Danka Doo said...

I am new to your blog and I LOVE all your wonderful ideas! I am relatively new to Cricut and SCAL but learning to do more. I love how beautiful this "find" turned out. Very lovely.

Christine said...

I love it. I am going to make one for my toddler so I am googleing stools.