Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Matchbook Calendars for 2011

I have had a couple requests today for 2011 matchbook calendars, just so happens that I have been working on that very thing!  I've done these for a couple years, you can find my original post and instruction for doing a hodgepodge way HERE  For this year, I'm making a quick project even quicker by using staples.  I've included very faint lines on the calendar template for cutting, the final size of the calendar will be 2 by 2.5 inches.  So here is my new quickie method: 


Print PDF and cut on lines, stack calendar.
Cut cardstock or double sided paper to 5 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches, score at 1/2 inch
Put calender into 1/2 inch pocket and staple at about 1/4 inch 
Fold over top so that it catches in the lip, then crease the end

Now, you may be asking, why not just score the second fold....well, every time I try I end up with it too short to catch in the lip, or too long so that it buckles.  Apparently I am score-challenged and this is the best way to insure (at least for me) that it gets creased in the right spot.  The owl is cut from Straight from the nest at 1.5 inches, stamps are Stampin Up.  Thanks for looking and for taking the time to comment, file for calender is below.

PSI_2011Calendar.pdf

11 comments:

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

very cute!! I see you have been busy w/ other things aside from a scrap page? thanks for the sweet comments about my last 2 projects.

VinGirl said...

Thanks so much for sharing! ♥

Grannymama said...

You must be a realtor...that's where the file takes u to- a realtor page.

paperscissorsink said...

No, I'm a stay home mome, you have to click on the blue "click here to start download" link if you click on one of the ads on the other parts of the page, then you go elsewhere. I think there is a relator ad just below it, although it changes day to day. If you pay for a mediafire account you can get it without ads, or you can get it free and just not click on the ads.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Cricut Freebies Search List, under the Elements post on Sep. 30, 2010. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for making the calendar PDF. These will make great little gifts, and is a great way to use up scraps!
Evelyn

Ladyofthelake318 said...

I love this idea! When I try to open the pdf file, it tells me it's set to private and only the owner can view it. Is this no longer available?

Unknown said...

Love this idea, but the pdf files says private. Is there a chance I can get a copy. Thanks

Ladyofthelake318 said...

Thanks so much! It's working now!! Love this.

Linda Wright said...

Hello! Any chance you'll be providing your fans a pdf for a 2010 matchbook calendar? Would love to make some for a family reunion....with a note on the front, "Let's Not Let Another Year Pass Us By". I'd be happy to pay your for your trouble.
Thanks,
Linda W.

Linda Wright said...

Sorry, me again, I meant to request a 2012 pdf, not 2010, geesh, time to get to bed! ha
Anyway, would love to see a 2012 calendar. Thanks!