Sunday, September 5, 2010

Quick Halloween cards with Pumpkin Carving


Here's a quick card to make with Pumpkin Carving. 
Start with 5 1/2 by 8 1/2 card base, fold in half,
add 1 1/2 x 5 1/2 inch strip patterned paper
wrap ribbon to meet on front
cut "boo" at 1 3/4 inch, mat on 2 inch square (I used pop dots)
adhere over ribbon
cut several pumpkin faces at 1 1/2 to 2 inches from white, toss the cuts, but keep the eyes and adhere to black background.

So, I know this is a cheep cartridge, only $18, but WHY couldn't they have included black out and shadow???? There are only two shapes, a circle and a square, how hard could that be?.  Instead you have to use a circle punch or get out a different cart, sheesh.

My boys and I also made the haunted house from happy haunting's this week.  It was a trial run, but it went pretty well.  The instructions are a bit intimidating, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.  We used black cardstock and then vellum for the windows.  My one tip, put the windows in as you take them off your mat.  They are in a logical order, but once you (or your 7 year old) takes them off the mat, it is not fun to figure out which window goes where.  Its hard to see in the dark photo, but with the light on, it looks really cool in real life.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

What an adorable card!

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Your card is adorable! & that haunted house is so so cool! your boys must have had a blast putting that together! So great - I love Halloween decorations!
Staci

Jennifer said...

What a creative card!!! :) The haunted house looks like quite a project! I'm sure you & the boys had a great time.

-Jennifer

Bee's hive said...

I think I would've been bald by the time I figured that one out...but love all your halloWEEENIE stuff!

Patricia Hurlburt said...

Hi. I received a "Cherry on Top" award and I would like to pass it on to you. To accept this award and pass it on to other blogs please visit my blog http://lilbitcreations.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-first-blog-award.html Have a great day! Patti