Thursday, February 10, 2011

Super Simple Paper Lace card

Sometimes it is the simplest cards that are my favorites, and I am lovin' this one.  This is the flower border from paper lace, cut at 1.5 inch it fits perfect on an A2 cards.  One element, one stamp, throw in a  few pearls, and poof!  


So I want to share a little tip....you know how hard it is to glue those elements that have lots of letters or fine pieces?  I always have a hard time getting too much glue or not enough and bits of it come up or I use my zyron and the small spaces end up with sticky covering them..blahblahblah.  Well, I bought some spray glue to try and restick my mat.  It totally didn't work, but this stuff is perfect for paper!  I put my element in a spray station (aka, empty box so it doesn't get everywhere), give it a quick spray, let it dry for a few seconds to tacky stage (instead of wet), then apply.  It even gives you a small window for repositioning in case you don't get it right the first time and when you are sure you have it right, give it a firm press in place - its never movin'!  I'm thrilled with this stuff, even if it didn't work on my mat.  Its also acid free.   I hear there is another brand good for mats but I have to order online - grrrr- anyone know one that they sell at Micheals or Joanns?  I've tried the 2 way and don't care for that.  Thanks!

10 comments:

patchworkhen said...

I use Aleen's Tack It Over & Over on my mats. Use a sponge brush and paint a light coat on the mat. Let it dry for 12 to 24 hours.

blessings, patchworkhen

lemontree said...

It looks like your problem is that you bought a permanent adhesive. You need a repositionable adhesive instead. Micheal's does sell a couple of different ones. The one I bought is Krylon Easy Tack.

Denise Hill said...

I use the aleene's tack it over and over diluted with equal parts water to re sticky my mats. works great. Just brush on a thin even coat with a foam brush

Pat said...

I use Quilt Basting Spray. $5-$6, purchased at WalMart. Lasts forever and works great!

Sue from Oregon said...

I tried Elmers spray glue(acid free), it was okay, but needed dry time of about 1 hour...I learned that the hard way.

paperscissorsink said...

Thank you, I did try the Alenes 1/2and 1/2 a while back and didn't care for that way, but I'm headed to walmart today and will get some of the basting spray. If that doesn't work I'll go back to alenes or the zig and just force myself to be happy with it. I can't keep buying so many mats! Thanks Ladies!

Paula said...

I use the Krylon Easy Tack spray and it works great. You only have to use a light spray, but if it is too sticky take a dish towel and "blot" the mat and that helps. When it seems to get where the paper may not want to stick I use a brayer and go over the paper and then it sticks for at least another 20 sheets or so.

Precious Memories Scrapbooking & More said...

Awesome tip Shirley I may have to try that, I hate trying to glue those little pieces! I use the Alenes tack it over and over & water method. just make sure NOT to get the glue outside the cut lines on your mats it mess' up your rollers...I love it! I did all the mats that I bought and used up

Anonymous said...

I use Krylon Easy Tack as well. It works great, but as Paula said, a light touch is the key. The brand you buy online is Crafters Companion. I have not been able to find it in local stores.

Anonymous said...

Yes. I used aleens "tack it over and over" on my cutting matt. it takes a while to to dry but works ohhhh sooo well. in fact the first time you use it it works too well. I now blot it several times with a piece of card stock. then back to work. it is also thin, so you can apply it with a sponge brush. nice and even, and not globby. love it.
Helen Miller