Thursday, October 2, 2008

Witch X-ing : My first SCAL paper peicing project


I could have cut this out by hand 10 times over in the time it took me to create the file, but I was determined to use inkscape to convert a drawing into a paper piecing project. For this project I started with a 12 x12 blank canvas and my drawing of a shoe. I painted the canvas black and added 11 x 11 green paper sponged with black ink. The chipboard letters were purchased - I bought them last weekend because they were glittery and I LOVE glitter-then designed this entire project around them (how insane is that?). I am attaching my SCAL (SVG) file for the shoes. I have updated the firmware on my big bug so I had to do one shoe at a time to fit on my baby bug mat. If you are using the file, remember to do hit the reverse image button before you cut the second one - or you'll end up with 2 left feet :). I plan to hang this on my wall, right next to my broom.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's adorable! I think your time and effort were well spent. I hope each project gets easier for you. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I love it...it helps to be an artist. I'm stuck cutting and pasting things I find elsewhere!

smileyfish76 said...

I love this. Can't wait to use it once I have SCAL!

Danielle said...

Hi! I LOVE your Witch X ing feet!! I have a son that was born on halloween and am looking for an adorable image to cut for his birthday invites. I know this was from last year and I can't download the file from the internet anymore but I was wondering if you see this comment if you could please, please, pretty please send me the file?? my email address is mdmader@juno.com
Thank you in advance if its possible....p.s. if you also have the puzzle svg image available as well, that would really make my day :) :) :) :)