Saturday, October 4, 2008

Rainy Day card making




Today it rained so we were in the house a lot. We bought the boys a new Star Wars Lego video game, so they were OK with staying in for most of the afternoon (after a game of soccer where Andy scored 2 goals!) While they took over my computer, I stamped (and did laundry...fold a load...stamp a card....repeat). The fist was a sketch challenge on splitcoast with my new set - Season of Friendship. I love this set, so simple, with so many possibilities. The second was with Inspired by Nature, and the last was done with my cuttlebug and the chalkboard technique. If you haven't tried the chalkboard technique - try it, its great! There is a great tutorial on splitcoast from a few months ago, but essentially, just stamp image with white craft ink (or emboss and brayer on white craft ink) let it dry, then add chalk. Great for making those images pop of dark colored paper-the photo is not so impressive, but thats my bad photo-ing, not the card or technique. If you don't have white craft you can also use versamark and white embossing powder for a similar effect. TFL.

No comments: