Thursday, October 16, 2008

Tea box with Cricut and SCAL


This started as a box done with my new score pal, but I thought it would be fun to try and make the same thing with my cricut. I made one with DS and George, then decided I wanted one I could resize so I made it with Photoshop and SCAL. For an added finishing touch you might want to add a piece of acetate in the box for the window, I'm out right now so I couldn't do that just yet. The box is a great size for small gift like handmade jewelry and nicely fits 4 tea bags. If you have SCAL you can alter the size of the box. Finished size as is for both patters is 3x3 inches.
When folding the box, I have found it best to fold into a box shape first, then fold in the small tabs, then fold the box sides. When I did it in a different order it was hard to get the right angle on the tabs, then things didn't line up just right - no sloppy boxes allowed! I also made a matching petal card with SCAL. I have a petal card done with DS and George a few posts back, but again I wanted to be able to change the size, so I did a new one with SCAL. If you are a SCAL user, the current pattern is to make a 4x4 inch card, if you want a different size, make the pattern double whatever you final card size will be...so for a 5 x 5 card you will need to size patter to 10, for 3 x 3 size to 6. I'm working on making an envelope pattern, leave me a comment if you need that posted too. Enjoy!

7 comments:

9kids said...

These are great! Thanks so much for sharing.

Unknown said...

Hi - This is brilliant - I love the paper you used - it looks great - I would love the envelope

Anonymous said...

So cute! I'm gonna grab the tea box (I already made a petal card SVG!) thanks for sharing!
Lindsay

Anonymous said...

Oh yes and I featured this on my blog!

Unknown said...

This is SOOO cute! I can't wait to try it!!

Jennifer said...

I love the tea box! I would love to use it for my daughter's upcoming tea party. The link has expired, however. Is it posted elsewhere?

ju said...

I loved it, but the download is no longer available