Friday, December 16, 2011

Hand Sanitizer 4 pack gift and tutorial

I wanted to dress up some hand sanitizers for the teacher with a cute little pack.  I sat down at my crafting table come up with some cleaver cutting file, but then realized that the best size is 12 inch and the quickest and easiest method doesn't require a cricut, just a paper cutter and scoring tool, so no free file today but I do have a tutorial.   You can make 2 from one 12 x 12 and the hand sanitizers are 5 for $5 at Bath and Body Works.  For mine I used Echo Park paper, label from Lacy labels (at 1 inch) and poinsettia from Woodland at 1.25 inch, stamp in PaperTreyInk.

Here's how you make them....
From cardstock or double sided designed paper, cut one 12 x 2 3/4 inch strip and two 1 x 6 3/4 inch strips

Score larger piece at 1 1/4, 2 1/4 and 6 inch from each end
fold to make and a frame

score smaller pieces at 1 and 2 inch from each end
fold to make belly band, secure along front and back tabs with adhesive

Holds 4 sanitizers
Now adhere two sides together.  Use a punch of choice (I used the small SU oval, but three small circles in a row would work great too, or even a snowflake) to create a handle at the top and decorate.  How simple is that!

4 comments:

Whitney Cantrell said...

I love this idea! May have to try this for my son's teacher. Thanks for sharing!

Charlotte said...

This is such a great idea!!! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. glad yo joined us at CWC.
Charlotte

Larelyn said...

Oh, thanks for sharing how to create this holder. I just love it. And, thanks for Cooking with Cricut!
Hugs,
Larelyn

Randi said...

Very cute idea tfs