Wednesday, December 14, 2011

MORE Holiday cards done

I think I got 10 cards done today, 5 Peace on Earth, 5 snowmen, and 2 of the Santa cards.  I hoped to do a couple more but I HAD to work on the bags I'm making for Christmas, and run the vacuum, and laundry, and the kids will be home from school soon, and then there is basketball practice to take them to, then dinner, well, you get it.  No more cards getting done today.

So, the first one is a Su set called Peaceful Season, I used the label from Lacy Labels at 3 inch for inside and outside, paper is echo park and Su.  I love the dove that comes with the set so I used it in aqua mist (papertry ink) on the inside and the envelope and used the same ink to "water" the globe. 

The second one is done with Jolly holidays at 2.75 inch, lacy label is at 3.75 and embossed with a snowflake cuttlebug folder.  Santa is fluffed everywhere white with fun flock, stamps are SU.  I'd like to make more of these but Santa is a bit of a pain to put together, maybe tomorrow.

The last one is a just a stamp I have had forever and never used, it has doodling around the outside, so I did some doodling with a sharpie around the card to match, which I thought turned out quite good for a quickie card.

I have 4 bags done today, 13 to go, hum.  I'll post some of those tomorrow.

2 comments:

Soraya said...

your cards are very elegant. My favorite is the "peace on earth" one.

Anonymous said...

Your cards are very pretty!

As for the paper piecing, I always cut several out at a time - as many as will fit on the page - then just assemble them during TV time!

Evelyn