Friday, October 10, 2014

First Holiday card of the year


This started out as a sketch challenge for Freshly Made Sketches, but to really make it fit, I would have had to cut off the mama and baby deer.  I couldn't bring myself to break up the family so I guess I will have to take another shot at the sketch tomorrow.  The deer are from a Memory Box die (deer trio).

I also made my first watercolor card this week.  I ordered a small watercolor set from Amazon (prime is a dangerous thing).  I sketched the leaf and colored on watercolor paper and just wrote the hello - no stamping.

My big accomplishment this week in the craftroom was making a bathrobe.  I have been sewing lately, but not clothing (if a robe is clothing).  My friend wanted another one like one she had, but couldn't find one.   So we cut it up and made it into a pattern.  I'm feelin' pretty good about that project!  I will post photos when we finish hers.  Thanks for looking

2 comments:

Karren said...

What a fabulous Christmas card! I love the way you've interpreted the sketch and those deer are so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kim S said...

What a wonderfully peaceful scene! Love the pop of color in the twine. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!